Friday, May 14, 2010

HI

Hey everyone... it has been forever since my last post!! It has been a roller coaster the past couple of months. My husband started chemo a month ago and just finished his 2nd cylce. After one more cycle (mid June) we will go back to MD Anderson so he can get scanned. They will compare those scans with his previous scans to see if the tumors have shrunk. He has been doing pretty well on the chemo... feels a little nauseou, tired, and achy for a couple of days. It could be much worse!! He did start to lose his hair, so he got a buzz cut. He is back at work which I think helps get his mind off of things! Thank you to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.
I have not been in the "crafting" mood lately... I did go scrapbooking with some friends last Saturday. But other than that, I haven't created anything. Before he was diagnosed with cancer, we were beginning the process of creating my scrapbook studio. The paint was on the walls, and all of my stuff was in the dining room (since early March) We decided to go ahead with the plans a couple of weeks ago. I am having custom cabinets made and they should be installed next week. Once I am all organized and things are unpacked... I will start creating again... of course by that time the kids will out of school and I won't have any free time... I will make time because I have missed it! Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

CathyRose said...

Good to hear that your DH is tolerating the chemo pretty well. I will keep him in my prayers for a complete recovery. It is also good to hear you are going ahead with your stamping studio, it will be something to look forward to. God Bless you and your family, Beth.

Naomi said...

Hang in there! We look forward to seeing your creations when you get back to it. Your husband, and you, are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenn Embry said...

I'm glad you hubby is doing well with the chemo. I hope his scan shows improvement and that he can fully recover. Hugs.

gale said...

{{{HUGS}}} I've been praying for your dh and you. I'm glad to hear he's tolerating the chemo well-that probably helps with his treatment.

The Mama Monkey said...

I am so happy to hear your update, Beth! Glad he is doing as well as can be expected with the chemo. Hang in there!

Louise F NZ said...

So great to hear things are getting better... will keep my fingers crossed for your hubby's full recovery.

Maggie said...

Glad to hear that things are going as well as can be expected. Your stamp studio will probably be a nice distraction and a way to spend time together getting it all set up.

Michelle VP said...

Glad to read your update and praying for a favorable scan when you return to MD. I'm sure your craft room will be wonderful when it's completed. :)